Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Tums changed their packaging standards on the individual…

Customer Question
Tums changed their packaging...

Tums changed their packaging standards on the individual roll. the package comes unglued very easily and the tablets wind up unprotected in my pocket. i have to throw them away. i have complained, and they are not fixing the bad glue job, because they know people will buy a new roll after the package breaks open. it is a blatant revenue grab. The product is awesome, so i continue to purchase. GSK Consumer Products Division should be fined heavily for this underhanded practice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

NJ/NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. just what i said, i need the product, they are ripping me off because i throw away dirty tablets out of the bottom of my pocket and buy a new pack

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/17/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?