Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Regarding a fraud or scam. Who will or might take my case?

What is the difference between...
regarding a fraud or scam. Who will or might take my case? What is the difference between fraud and scam and how will each affect my credit score?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Who will or might take my case?

If you wanted to try to get the state to prosecute, you'd report the fraud/scam to the police as a criminal offense. The DA would then act on your behalf and you would not need a lawyer.

If you were looking to sue for the fraud, you'd hire a civil litigator (trial lawyer). One who was experienced in intentional torts would be what you'd want. A civil litigator in general practice would likely be able to take this on.

What is the difference between fraud and scam and how will each affect my credit score?

There's no real difference between fraud and scam. The former is a more formal term. The latter is in everyday use. In either case, the intent of the perpetrator is to defraud someone.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.