Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Do you know if there is a 'lemon law' for automobiles in the…

Customer Question
Do you know if...

Do you know if there is a 'lemon law' for automobiles in the state of Utah?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Utah, 2007

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm checking for my son, who just bought he's daughter a 2007 Pontiac in Utah and the engine blew on the way back to their home in Wyoming

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/16/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks for your patience. The answer to your question is yes, there is a lemon law in the state of utah.

According to the UT DMV:

Utah’s “Lemon Law” requires that if a new vehicle is replaced or repurchased by a manufacturer due to an alleged “nonconformity,” that the Utah title be stamped with a “brand” stating “MANUFACTURER BUYBACK NONCONFORMING VEHICLE.” Utah law defines a nonconformity as:

“a defect, malfunction, or condition that fails to conform to the express warranty, or substantially impairs the use, safety, or value of a motor vehicle.” (UCA §41-3-407)

I could bore you with all the details, but the BBB has come up with some information which could help you analyze your situation. If you click here, you can find more information. What other questions did you have for me?