How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 23789
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a used car on a GM Dealership AS-IS, 3 month later

Customer Question

I bought a used car on a GM Dealership AS-IS, 3 month later the engine blow. They state all the maintenance were done prior the sale but there is no prove of that on the car fax and I'm stock with a car loan and no car and they are ignoring me, Is there anything legally i can do ?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Florida, 2011
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes, but is out of warranty, they will repair the car but i will have to pay full price which is around 13k and my car loan is for 16k
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unless the dealership made material misrepresentation during the sales pitch, you are stuck with the car. Your only recourse would be to stop making payment on the car and let the lender come after you for nonpayment. However, if you can prove material misrepresentation, that the dealership made false representation that made you to purchase the car, then you can file lawsuit against the dealership for unfair and deceptive act and practice to force the dealership to pay for the repair cost.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.