Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

After contacting sprint to close my brothers account. That…

After contacting sprint to close...
After contacting sprint to close my brothers account. That shut down mine in error. They are taking 24-48 hours to put my service back on. I have a 90 year old mother I need to keep in contact with and now I’m at a loss
11/16/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

That is outrageous, and you should demand that they restore the phone service immediately, since you are a primary caregiver for your elderly mother, or that they give you an alternate phone to use in the time it takes them to restore your service. Remind them of the liability they face if anything bad happens because they shut off your phone in error.

They will respond immediately when you point out the liability that they face.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

I was expecting more of what type of legal recourse I had

Well, if you had financial damages you could sue them, but what damages will you have to prove, even though you are totally in the right and their behavior is outrageous.

Now please rate 5 stars. Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer