Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Not for infolawer, attorney 2, Ray, Phillip, If I could not…

Customer Question
Not for infolawer, attorney 2...
Not for infolawer, attorney 2, Ray, Phillip,If I could not prove I paid all rent ten years go, wasting tim3 to go to court object judgement?I can not have time go through bank check.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

If a judgment has been entered that judgment remains valid until expired.

If the judgment was entered 10 years ago, most courts will not permit the judgment debtor to vacate the judgment, based on the preference for finality of judgments.

If the party was not adequately served and had no knowledge of the judgment until recently then the court will consider a motion to vacate but that must be filed as soon as possible so the court does not find the party failed to exercise due diligence in challenging the judgment.

Are you going to answer ?
Thank you, ***** ***** legal words are too advanced for me.So I should try going to the court to object? I ‘ll add files, please see it. I have received from debts corrector .
Are you saying if 10 years ago, judge won’t make me pay or still I have to pay if I can not prove it I paid?Judge misunderstood my English in the court, I said, I paid all, I don’t owe rent to landlord, but I don’t think she understood.
Are you there?
If I am going to object civil court of the New York county of kings is 141 Livingston?
What do I need to bring there?

So to be clear, a judgment was entered 10 years ago correct?
Were you served so you had notice of the court case?

Have you seen files?
It said, entered on June 2007.
Served means? In person or in mail?
Cancel this question.

I'm sorry; I don't have access to your account; please contact ww2.justanswer.com/help