Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been trying to get money put back on my credit card…

Customer Question
I have been trying...

I have been trying to get money put back on my credit card where Comfort Inn charged me for hotel stay. My husband went through Priceline, they made the reservations and took money out of our credit card. Comfort Inn then took out money for the same stay. Priceline charged 7.99 fee and 406.20 for the room Comfort Inn also took out for the stay 541.20. I have tried to get someone to help and all I keep getting is a run around. Can you "PLEASE" help me!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I live in Florida but the stay was in Trussville Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It is not a manufacture it is a Hotel

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They charged for a pet fee but we made sure we told them it was a service dog they did refund our 125.00 for that but they still owe my credit card 416.20. It took forever to get them to do this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/15/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. The easiest way to get this resolved may be to ask your credit card company to investigate, explaining that the merchant made an error and you were double charged. If you show them the Priceline charge at the same time, you should be able to get reimbursed that way, and it may be easier than going to court. Another option is to send a demand letter to the hotel's legal department, explaining that you will sue them if they don't refund the charges. Include the documentation from Priceline so they can see that it was a mistake. They should reimburse you to save the time and hassle of a lawsuit. If that doesn't work, then you can file a suit in Small Claims Court to get your money back. If Priceline is the one that was supposed to charge you, then you'd file the lawsuit against Comfort Inn. The lawsuit would unfortunately have to be filed in Alabama, and you can't get reimbursed for travel expenses, so you may want to explore the other options first. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.