Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have received subpoenas from people of the state of New…

Customer Question
I have received subpoenas from...
I have received subpoenas from people of the state of New York.Where’s,....judgement was entered June 11, 2007 in favor of ( land lord ) against ( me )
This was mistaken because judge did not understand my English, I said, I paid all rents.
And thus was 10 years 5 months ago. I have not received anything before. Do I have to answer that?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/14/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You need to appear in response to a subpoena and respond. You also can file a motion in court to vacate the judgment. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. include proof the balance is paid!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Opt out, thank you,
what more can I answer for you?
I practice in NY and familiar with this issue very well.
Filing an order to show cause to vacate the judgment and stay enforcement will have the effect of staying responding to the subpoena. The clerk of court can provide the osc form and affidavit.
Please opt out.
Ok.
Good luck!

You shouljd have an opt out button on your page. It is not appearing on mine so please do it on your end. thanks.

Cancel quetion
Ok