Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I file a magnuson moss complaint against a dealer.

Customer Question
How do I file...

How do I file a magnuson moss complaint against a dealer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I'm in TX, but the car war purchased in OH

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a warranty, the car is used

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/13/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

I'm not sure what you mean by "How do I file a Magnusson Moss complaint...". The complaint in this type of case is a lawsuit and learning how to file a complaint requires considerably more time and information that it is possible to provide in a format like this.

If you're asking how a lawsuit works, I can explain that to you, or if you are asking about any specific parts of the pleadings, I can answer those as well. However, I need to know the specific questions you have as opposed to a general one.

It sounds like I can't file a complaint, but I need an attorney to file a lawsuit against the dealer. Would this be a federal lawsuit?