Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Under what circumstances can I get back a down payment?

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/13/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Georgia law, you have a three day cooling down period, which means you have three days to reverse the transaction and get out of it and get your down payment back. Tell them you want it back.

if it has been longer and the seller committed fraud, then there is no time limit and you can get your deposit back at any time once you show there is fraud.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

ok thanks

YOU MUST CLICK ON FIVE STARS FOR ME TO GET CREDIT.

YOU HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THE ANSWER YET, AND PLEASE ACCEPT IT NOW.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer