Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife got a hotel today and already paid for 4 days in…

Customer Question
Hey me and my...

Hey me and my wife got a hotel today and already paid for 4 days in advance and was kicked out bc we had a complaint

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I'm in Tennessee and no there not

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes and they told me to talk to the manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
to note me and my wife is on vaction and dont have a ton of money and now we had to spend all but a hundred dollars so we cant do some of the shows that we were going to do
11/13/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Tennessse law, the hotel cannot "kick you out" once you have paid for the stay unless you are doing something illegal. I suggest that you either demand your money back from the manager, or have the manager call around and get you a comparable room at another hotel at no cost to you.

The hotel simply cannot do this. They have to give you four nights stay or a refund. Otherwise you can sue them in small claims court, but I understand that you want the money/lodging now since it is your vacation time and you want to enjoy yourselves and those shows.

Now, on this site you must accept the answer and rate the number of stars so that i get credit for my work.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 7 months ago