Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

When am I going to get an answer

Customer Question
Second opinion] When am I...
Second opinion] When am I going to get an answer
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/11/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Olivia Kent,
 replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. What can I answer for you?

with all the funds going to people who have been made ill by large companies, why are there no funds for people like me and so many others that have COPD and those that have cancer from smoking. My life (if you want to call it that) is controlled by where I can get my oxygen tube to. Many of us started at a very young age when all the facts of smoking were kept hidden. I started at 13 years old . I am now 73 and have been refused operations that I need because of the COPD.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can still sue the tobacco companies if you can prove that smoking caused your medical conditions. The state attorney general tobacco settlement funds are designated for use for paying for medical programs and for quit smoking programs, but those funds are not to compensate victims of smoking, for that the smokers have to sue the tobacco companies for their specific damages.

So you can get a local attorney to sue the companies for product liability and for costs of your care and pain and suffering.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.