Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My daughter was recently married in Truckee, CA and the

Customer Question
My daughter was recently...

My daughter was recently married in Truckee, CA and the photographer she hired has disappeared. She works in Reno in management for one of the hotels in Reno. His website has been taken down, he is not returning phone calls. Of course he has been paid in full. What course of action would you suggest?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your daughter taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?

To my knowledge she has only tried contacting him by phone.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

They live in Reno, NV but the Photographer is from Boise, ID.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Does the Reno paper have a group that handles things like this. I am in FL but we raised our children in Chicago. The Chicago Tribune has a group called "What's my problem". When they think someone has been scammed they step in to help resolve the problem or recovery $$. The local TV stations often do this as well. Does Reno have anything like this?/

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/11/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

You are describing a criminal theft by false pretenses. File a criminal report with the sheriff or police in the county or city in which the wedding photographs were taken.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!