Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can no longer pay a timeshare I bought years ago. What would…

Customer Question
I am SS and...

I am SS and can no longer pay a timeshare I bought years ago. What would happen if I stopped automatic payment on the timeshare?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

I don't know what to review there is a lot to it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I continue to pay this I might lose my home to taxes.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
11/10/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What resort is the timeshare with?

Windham Resorts in Orlando Fl

Thank you and please allow me a moment. Do you owe any money on it ( mortgage) or is it paid and you just pay the maintenance fees?

I owe both

Thank you. They actually have an Ovations program, that is set up to help timeshare owners, who are facing financial hardships. You can call them up now and speak with someone about this and ask if you qualify for it. If they still have it, they require that no money be owed and the fees be current and they often agree to take it back. This would relive you of any financial obligations going forward and you can walk away. They will not pay you any money but they would take it back.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!