Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I made a reservation on line at a hotel in Lake Tahoe at a…

Customer Question
I made a reservation...

I made a reservation on line at a hotel in Lake Tahoe at a cheap price. and now they are not going to honer it. can they do that after I have the resv. and they accepted it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Coconut creek f The place that I made the reservation is based in coral springsl

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We called them up and they said they would work on it. Its been months and no one gets back to us and we call and leave message

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is all The trip is for Feb 18

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Could you explain to me whether the agreement to reserve said anything regarding what the final cost would be?

Interesting. Did they say at any point that the rate (minus other fees or costs) would stay the same?

everything is in writing Price' time dates. Just like you would when you do reservation It told me the price everything and CONFIRMED the reservation and has comfirmed the resv.
Also my credit card

Thanks for your patience This appears to be a classic breach of contract if they are saying that they are going to charge you more than you agreed to pay. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because they have some state-specific breach of contract forms that you can use as well. Click here to choose your state and get started.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer