Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I rent a storage unit at a 24 he facility.I have been denied…

Customer Question
I rent a storage...

I rent a storage unit at a 24 he facility.I have been denied access even though my payments are current because I spend too much time at the facility. What can I do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You should first file complaint with your Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. If your issue remains unresolved, then you need to file lawsuit against the facility for breach of contract and for unfair and deceptive act and practice. You cannot be denied access to the facility when you have paid the fee.

The lawsuit would be filed at the Courthouse in the County where the facility is located. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.