Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Does an owner have the right to stop an escrow on the sixth…

Customer Question
Does an owner have...

Does an owner have the right to stop an escrow on the sixth day in rivetside co calif

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Can abroker change an escrow on the sixth ,day of escrow

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
I have not signed or mailed the escrow instructions yet. Is the escrow valid yet
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/19/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Why are you trying to stop escrow? Isn't there a contract of sale? Is the buyer in breach of that contract?

Inever signed it I was in the hospital

If you were in the hospital, who signed it, please provide us all the information so we can correctly answer you.

My real estate agent he also lowered the price without my knowledge
He had to forge my name by copying it or tracing it he always does his buisness electronically
If your agent exceeded their authority then you can seek to cancel the sale. Also you have a right to sue your agent for breach of his fiduciary duty to you as agent and you can seek damages from him for such.
When i went to the escrow office the mgr slipped up and said ***** *****ged the commision down to 4from 6 and gave me a copy of the new page and thru the old one in the trash which i got back against wishes. She already had told me ididnt have the right to stop escort

Thank you for your reply.

He did not have the right to act outside of your authority and thta means he could not change the sale price without coming to you and could not change the contract other than reducing his share without your consent.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer