Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

American Sweepstakes Network claims that I have won 2nd

Customer Question
American Sweepstakes Network claims...

American Sweepstakes Network claims that I have won 2nd prize and they have not been able to notify me of my winnings. I spoke to a CFO for the company and he state that I am a winner and I need to pay 1% federal regulation bond in order to receive my winnings. Does this sound legimate?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?

I was notified yesterday by someone else and for a different amount but I decided to investigate today and I was told by consumer Protection that I was a winner and to contact the American Network. I am in NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

T

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The manufacturer would be American sweepstakes Network correct. No lets start with that infromation

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/6/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
KnowYourRights

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Do you recall entering any type of sweepstakes?

I do
I did enter a sweepstakes I am not sure of the name of the sweepstakes and it was sometime last year.

I believe this is a scam. If you won, they would pay you the money which you are entitled to. I have never heard of someone winning and having to pay a 1$ fee. Here is also a link from the FTC, which supports my opinion. I would not give these people a penny.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0199-prize-scams

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!