Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How is the Missouri Statue of Limitations related to the…

Customer Question
How long is the...

How long is the Missouri Statue of Limitations related to the collection of funds related to a California Award.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Credit Card Debt award from a case purchased with pennies on the dollar... no manufacture involved...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

California Award more that 10 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My Significant Other (we have been together for 35 years, was sued by a company that went out of business, then opened another California Corporation, then purchased the Law Suite for pennies on the dollar and went a got a judgment for a Credit Card Debt that was less that $8,000. Then Subpoenaed our joint account for all information. I was not only a Hollywood Television Director, but also a United States Army Reserve Ambassador to California from 2008 to 2017. I objected to this Law Firm getting my Bank Info, but was told by US Bank, at which we have a Joint Account I could not prevent the Law Firm for seeing all my confidential info related to banking for the United States Army Reserve Ambassador Corp and myself.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/6/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

A foreign (out of state) judgment must be registered in a sister state in order to be enforced in that state. This requires filing a certified copy of the judgment and serving defendant.

However, the underlying judgment must be valid in order to have legal effect. In CA the statute of limitations on a money judgment is 10 years. It can be renewed continuously but must be renewed before it expires or it is no longer renewable/enforceable.

Here is the relevant statute:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=CCP&division=1.&title=9.&part=2.&chapter=3.&article=2.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.