Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I get answers with a lawyer on this site? Also, is…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get answers with a lawyer on this site?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Expert will reply online; we'll notify you by email when your answer is ready. And if you give your phone number, you can get a text alert too.

Also, is there a fee

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Expert. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

And how much for the rest after i get a response from an expert

Lawyer's Assistant: The Expert will reply online; we'll notify you by email when your answer is ready. And if you give your phone number, you can get a text alert too.

Customer:(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: I think it is -8,567. And you thought I couldn't do that?

Customer:(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Mechanic?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. As the Expert's Assistant I have a few questions for you.

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Doctor?

No, lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. As the Lawyer's Assistant I have a few questions for you. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Southern California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/4/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us and your situation?

My father’s been in prison since 2013 for conspiracy & has two more years to go. He is not married nor is he a U.S. citizen so the chances for him to be sent to immigration are high after his sentence has been served. However, my dad was born in Armenia during U.S.S.R period which no longer exists so he’s not a citizen in Armenia either. What steps can we take to prevent deportation is my question especially if he is not a citizen anywhere.

Thank you for your reply.

If he is not a citizen anywhere, then you need to get him an immigration attorney immediately and he would need to apply for asylum here in the US or at least seek some visa waiver to remain in the US. In order to deport him, they would need to send him to a country where he is a citizen and they cannot ship him out to just any country. So, if he is not a citizen anywhere, you would need to get a local immigration attorney now to begin working on getting him status based on him having no citizenship in any foreign country and as such no country of origin to be deported to.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer