Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is it illegal to change the Hours and or miles on the

Customer Question
display of a off road...
Is it illegal to change the Hours and or miles on the display of a off road vehicle that doesnt require miles or hrs to be recorded on title or registration . This is on a Off road ATV.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Not only is it considered fraud to turn back miles or hours or misrepresent them, it is a criminal violation and also grounds to sue the seller who does so for unfair and deceptive practices, which entitles the buyer who was deceived to seek triple damages plus attorney's fees for willful and malicious misrepresentation of the miles and/or hours, even if the vehicle does not require them to be recorded as it is still misrepresentation of the vehicle.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.