Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a large nursing home bill.I was taken from my

Customer Question
I have a large...

I have a large nursing home bill.I was taken from my hospital room by two nurses,and driven to a nursing home,without even being asked,or told where I was being taken.I later discovered that I had been taken to a very expensive nursing home that I simply couldn't afford.I was NEVER made aware of the cost.I consider this deceptive behavior,and feel I should have been informed of the cost before I was handed a huge bill I can't afford to pay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I'm aware of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No,that's everything.Thank You.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
10/3/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Were you conscious when you were moved to a nursing home?

.

How long did you end up staying?

.

Did you ever ask how much it costs to stay there?

.

Are you retired or receiving Social Security or Medicaid?

.

.

thanks