Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

The doctor I see made a mistake and sent lab work out of…

Customer Question
The doctor I see made...
The doctor I see made a mistake and sent lab work out of network and I ended up with a 9000 dollar bill and then they said they would take care of it and didn't and then sent lab work again out out of network and now I have 3000 dollar bill and they terminated me as a paitent because I was upset. And they didn't fix anything even though they know they messed up
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/2/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Doctor has to remedy the error or cover the medical cost resulting from the error. Period. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If needed, You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
No I already knew all that on top of which I'm a single mom with a special needs child I work 2 jobs I don't have money!
what can I answer for you? This site is not free.