Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am interested in filing a small claims case in Missouri, I…

Customer Question
I am interested in...

I am interested in filing a small claims case in Missouri, I had my transmission evaluated on my 2013 Focus that had 14,000 miles on it in Oct 2016. When I picked up the vehicle, the gentleman put in a transmission from a salvage yard. Between Oct 2016-Jan 2017 my car was in his shop 8 time for a total of over 30 days. He was never able to fix my car. I Filed a dispute with MasterCard, which I paid the $2520.80 in repairs. The car was to have a 2 year warranty on the transmission. Although I had requested my money back, he asked that I give him one last chance to fix the car. It still wasn't right so I attempted for 2 weeks to call him. I finally drove over there, he went out of business 2 days after I picked up my car!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I did file with MasterCard, they asked I get a second opinion and I took it to ***** *****ttleton Ford in Smithville, MO. They said the transmission needed a computer update and fixed within the hour. Missoui 2013 Ford focus

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The car had a side impact while at a stop sign, is the base model and has a salvaged title.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. Due to the Salvaged title, it is not under warranty.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/30/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

What is your specific question?

Was the business a sole proprietorship or an incorporated business/LLC?

Thank you for your cooperation.

He had another shop in St. Joseph, MO, it was to provide the balance of my 2 year warrenty that started in January...and now I find out it closed in May! MasterCard said because he was the only one that looked at the car, I could not prove that it did not need a tansmission.

Thank you for the information. However, I still do not see a specific question.

What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hello, I do not participate in the phone call program. Hence, the rejection of your offer.

My phone number is(###) ###-#### My question. Both shops are now closed. 1. If I take him to small claims and win, can I attach to any property he may own? He is not working. 2. If not property, he is either getting Social security Disability or social security. Can I file against that?

I am sorry, but you have not answered one of my questions:

Kindly provide the information requested.

Mr. Hartman even admitted to MasterCard that ***** *****ttleton Ford actually fixed my car. He said he was unable to because he did not receive the updates from Ford until AFTER he worked on it. I sent a copy of all the notices Ford sent out on the 2013 Ford Focus with a dual clutch transmission. The one sent in January only said that they would extend the warranty for 7 additional years or 150,000 miles. The update that went out stating the transmission needed recalibrated was mailed the first week in September 2016. He did not work on my car until October 20, 2016. These updates are readily available on the Ford Motor Company website.

I am sorry, but you still have not provided the information that I have now requested multiple times. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Best wishes,

I do not know if the business a sole proprietorship or an incorporated business/LLC.
Search Results as of 9/30/2017 1:44 AMBusiness NameCharter No.TypeStatusCreatedRegistered Agent NameROYAL TRANSMISSION INCORPORATED 00332693 Gen. Business - For Profit (Domestic) Good Standing 9/27/1989 LUCRETIA HARTMAN
ROYAL TRANSMISSION, INC. 00152088 Gen. Business - For Profit (Domestic) Forfeited 1/3/1972 CARL D. GUM
It appears that both shops are incorporated. I do not understand what the meaning of "forfeited" 1/3/1972 means? Does that indicate they were doing business without being incorporated at the Gladstone location?
Is someone there???
I do not wish a phone call.