Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

RECEIVED A JUDGMENT FROM CONTRACTOR BECAUSE I REFUSED TO PAY…

Customer Question
Second opinion] RECEIVED A JUDGMENT...
Second opinion] RECEIVED A JUDGMENT FROM CONTRACTOR BECAUSE I REFUSED TO PAY FOR A IMPROPER INSTALLATION AND WAS LIED TO ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE FLOOR. I WAS UNABLE TO GO TO COURT THE DAY OF HEARING BECAUSE I CARETAKE A BROTHER THAT WAS ILL THAT DAY. MY FLOOR HAS TO BE REPLACED AT A COST OF OVER $5000 WITH TEAR OUT. THE SHAW COMPANY INSPECTED A FOUND THE FLOOR WAS INTALLED ON A NON EVEN SUBFLOOR. THE JUDGEMENT WAS FOR $5999.00 I DONOT WANT TO REPLACE MY FLOOR AND PAY THE JUDGEMENT FOR A FAILED FLOOR WHICH WOULD BE DOUBLE TO ME? HOW CAN I NOW DEAL WITH THIS IT HAS
BEEN A FEW YEARS WENT TO THE BBB AND THEY DID NOT REPLY!
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
IS THERE AWAY TO HIRE A ATTORNEY TO BRING MY INFORMATION FORWARD TO A JUDGE ?
THE COMPANY REFUSED TO ANSWER THE BBB SO THERE WAS NOT MUCH I CAN DO ON THAT END
9/30/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

When did the Court rule against you?

Did you file an appeal from the Judgment?

Thank you for your cooperation.