Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a viper car alarm from J & J auto in Las Vegas.

Customer Question
I purchased a viper...

I purchased a viper car alarm from J & J auto in Las Vegas. My reciept says 3305 but the box says 5305v. I also got just one alarm remote. My receipt is not itemized. what should I do if this is not correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The owners manual and the box says "Model 5305v" and i believe it's 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't know these things, i just feel that what i have and what my receipts says are two different things. Please advise. the alarm works great though

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just if i paid $500 for the right alarm system and not overpaid or was mislead.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Your first step is calling the manufacturer and explaining to them what happened and ask them for the difference on the two products. Once you are equipped with that information, if the store sold you an inferior product or a product other than what you ordered, the store is liable to refund you the difference in price or you can sue them for unfair and deceptive practices. The 3305v is a more expensive system than the 5305v, so if they sold you the wrong product you would be entitled to them changing it out for the correct system or a refund for the difference in price or as I said you can sue for unfair and deceptive practices and recover up to triple damages plus your attorney's fees and costs of the suit for them doing a "bait and switch" giving you a different product than you paid for.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer