Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am in a situation that has led me to start a small claims…

Customer Question
I am in a...

I am in a situation that has led me to start a small claims against a Car Dealer ship with the Lemon Law on Vehicles being brought into the open, I need some help to see if i have a case

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The State is Maine and I have only owned this car for 5 Months but its new Pre-Owned

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

2008 Mercury Mariner

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I have in writing that after having my car brought in the first time for a check engine light that it was just my spark plugs and to have them replaced as soon as possiable i did so the next day after having to be towed from the side of the road with my 2 year old daughter in the back seat AFTER my car was deemed safe to drive even with the spark plugs not yet fixed

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/28/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

I am going to be starting a small claims I paid 441 $ for 6 sparks plugs and 6 gaskets but that was not the problem it's my head gasket that is going to cost me 2000 to fix the lemon law come into place as they stated on paper my spark plugs were the only problem with my car after they told me it was safe to drive I had to get towed and it brought back that's when they said it may be my head gasket but know they know it's my head gasket and instead of fixing the problem they let the car go back to me after fixing the first easy thing I feel as though I should get my money back and my car fixed right

Thank you

You can not file a lemon law case in small claims court. That is not possible...the rules for lemon law claims are very specific...and do not involve small claims. Did you have a question about this?