Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a vehicle from Hyundai in Pa and my finance

Customer Question
I purchased a vehicle...

I purchased a vehicle from Hyundai in Pa and my finance company was Condor Capital. The vehicle was purchased in 2012. From the first

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I moved to Ga In 2016 The car is 2008

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

The finance company was involved in a class action law suit and I was not aware until this year. Condor Capital has taken money from my account and lied about my balances. Then when I made my complaint to them in 2013 they disconnected my access to the web site. They’ve lied about my balance and even when I paid my car payment they came and repossessed my vehicle in 2015..I had to file bankruptcy to get my car back because the put me through a lot. I had shoulder surgery and they still did not communicate with me about my car . When my lawyer had my car returned to me from them the car was vandalized by Condor towing company . I filed a complaint with my Geico insurance company and they fixed the car for me. My bankruptcy was dismissed because I wanted to get out of it and figure out why Condor was over charging me and changing my balances on me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it too late for me to file a suit against them? Till this day they are saying that I owe them $8,000 on a vehicle I had since 2012. Please help me

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/28/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There is a 6 year statute of limitations for breach of contract in GA, which is what you are alleging. You are alleging the finance company did not honor the contract and as a result you suffered damages. So that cause of action is still available to you if this happened in 2015. Also, for unfair and deceptive practices, which would be your second cause of action, the statute of limitations in GA is 4 years. So for both causes of action you still have time to get a local consumer attorney to sue them. Under unfair and deceptive practices, if you win on that claim you can possibly recover attorney's fees as part of your damages.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Would my situation keep them from giving Georgia a copy of my title?
No thank you

Thank you for your reply.

Can you clarify what you mean about giving GA a copy of your title please?

Feel free to ignore any phone requests, the experts do not send those and they are auto generated by the site so the experts cannot even stop them from being sent.