Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have 2007 Lamborghini roaster that had recall on the gas…

Customer Question
I have 2007 Lamborghini...

I have 2007 Lamborghini roaster that had recall on the gas tank . The gas tank on my car failed and the dealer says the recall was fixed prior to my ownership and is not covered . Is this true ? In this case the gas tank and fuel pomps failed for second time in 16000 miles . Please let me know if the manifacturer is responsible. Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The car is 2007 and in ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No , I will tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No , my understanding is they are responsible even if it was fixed before . I just want to make sure of my rights before I call them

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/27/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Thelawman2, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

You are correct. If there is a recall on the gas tank, then the repairs are always covered by the car's manufacturer at no charge, whether or not you bought the vehicle new. However, you need to make sure that the defect that is occurring is the one that is covered by the original recall. But if the recall didn't fix the gas tank issue, then it would be covered still.