Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am reading a chat of a similar issue I am having. My

Customer Question
I am reading a...

I am reading a chat of a similar issue I am having. My contractor (after repeated attempts from me) has completely disregarded the contract, has entered into change orders without our consent and is charging us the difference, and due to their negligence has created 1 lien and 3 violations. I am trying to see how I can exit this contract and get my deposit back

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Miami, FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We are giving them 10 days to fix their (SIGNIFICANT ERRORS) before filing a compliant. However thet have ignored our emails and calls to be able to tell them this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have paper trails of texts and emails or repeated requests to comply

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/26/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the contract states no changes can be made without signed change orders, then the contractor is not allowed to make them and is in breach of contract. Unfortunately, if he is ignoring you, then your sole recourse in this matter is you need to sue in court for breach of contract and pursue damages plus the costs of fixing what he has refused to fix. That is your only remaining option when they ignore you and your emails.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.