Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I recently purchased a mattress set on line with Club. The…

Customer Question
I recently purchased a...

I recently purchased a mattress set on line with Sam Club. The day they were to deliver we were contacted by the shipping company that the set we paid for was wrong and they would have to re order. With the horrible customer service we were receiving we cancelled the order and requested a refund. The cancellation request was done Sept 15 and we have had countless phone calls with them only to get the run around on our refund. We have never taken delivery of the mattress order but our card has yet to be credited. We have had approximately 13 phone calls multiple HOURS of on hold and usually ends up with them hanging up on us. We can not seem to get this resolved with Sams Club and are completely frustrated all we want is our credit card to be reimbursed!!!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Texas Original purchase was made on line Sept 8th

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes Serta and have been unable to get any resolution

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm done spending my time trying to get this resolved I have missed work to take the original delivery which was cancelled do to being wrong and countless hours on the phone only to be hung up on!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/25/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they were unable to deliver the item purchased, stating the obvious that you know, YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REFUND, which is supposed to be processed in 7-10 working days. If they are not processing the refund and you have your documentation, your next step is contacting your credit card company and doing a charge back and explain you never received the item paid for on the charge and that they cannot deliver and that the company is refusing to process the refund. Your credit card company can charge back the item to you and remove it from your credit card.

If your credit card does not do so, then you can contact your state attorney general first, since they handle these warranty claims under federal law to try to mediate the dispute. Also, the better business bureau can assist. If neither of those two can assist, your final option is suing Sam's in small claims court for the money they charged to your card (it is highly unlikely it will come to that).

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.