Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Unsure where to ask but there is always I would say

Customer Question
privately owned propeller planes flying...
Unsure where to ask but there is always I would say privately owned propeller planes flying near where I live they are always flying low so they get pretty loud and annoying is there any restrictions as to how low or where to fly those planes?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/24/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Planes, including propeller planes, can fly at a minimum altitude of 500 feet above the surface except over open water or very sparsely populated areas. In that case, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feetto any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.Here is a link to the FAA rules.https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/fsdo/atl/local_more/media/nlowfly.pdfI hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask
How high should they be in the city
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
UnderTitle 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 91.119, the General Operating and Flight Rules, which specifically prohibits low flying aircraft.It states that Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.They may legally fly, except for take off and landing, a minimum of 1,000 feet above the ground. This applies to cities, towns, or and houses.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.