Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is American Cash Awards legit? PA and no, There is no

Customer Question
Is American Cash Awards...

Is American Cash Awards legit?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

PA and no

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

There is no manufacturer. American Cash Awards claims to give away money, not unlike Publishers Clearinghouse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They say it costs $850.00 to "unlock" the winnings, but if you don't have it. they will put the money on a maxed out credit card.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/24/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. I can't comment on a particular company, however, no alleged award or sweepstakes company is legitimate if they ask for payment of any fees or taxes up front prior to payment of alleged winnings. No one should ever send money to receive a cash prize or sweepstakes. If the company is legitimate, then they could take any legitimate fees or taxes from the winnings prior to sending the payment. Also, a good indicator is if they ask for payment via green dot, Western Union, or iTunes cards.

I can say that this Company has numerous scam complaints against them which you can find my searching in your internet engine using their name with "scam" after it.

You can read more about sweepstakes/awards scams and how to report them to the FTC, by going to the following link: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0199-prize-scams

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page of my efforts to provide you with information relevant to your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 24th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.