Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Bought a used truck yesterday at ford dealer. Traded my

Customer Question
Bought a used truck...

Bought a used truck yesterday at ford dealer. Traded my truck. Now they want truck back.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

2016 F350. Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It's not a manufacturer defect problem. They don't want to take my truck because it's "knocking".

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent the dealer everything he requested. Photos in & out. Mileage and amount owed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: KnowYourRights, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
KnowYourRights
Good afternoon. What is the basis for their demand? Are they saying you misrepresented the condition? Did they inspect it prior to entering to the deal? Does the contract you signed address this?
I sent the pics of truck inside and out. After looking at them we moved forward. Took several attempts to find a suitable truck. We signed a contract. They left the key in the truck I bought and I drove my truck to the dealer after work (about 9:45 PM, the dealer closes at 8:00 PM) left my key with the security guard and picked up the one I bought.

Thank you for the reply. If you were trading in a vehicle, I would have to assume that the dealer reserved their right to inspect it and the deal was conditioned upon them inspecting it and there not being an issue. It would be very odd that they relied solely on the photos, when deciding to do the deal, so want to go back and review all the documents which you signed, to know and determine what conditions had to be met, for the deal to proceed. Sometimes, it is conditioned solely upon financing. In this case, if there was a trade in, I have to believe that they reserved a right to inspect it and if they found issues or problems, had a right to back out of the deal or reduce the amount which they gave you for a trade in. If that is the case and the contract advises of the same, you would need to bring the truck back and they would need to return your old truck and refund you any money paid.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!