Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a judgement filed against me back in 09. California.

Customer Question
I had a judgement...

I had a judgement filed against me back in 09

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No it was filed in a different county from where I live

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was never summoned for the court date

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If I were in your shoes, I would go to the courthouse where the judgment was entered against you, and has the court clerk to review the file. I would then look for a document which indicates how you were supposedly served a summons. There would have to be some indication because the judge would not enter a judgment against you unless he thought that you were served. Once you understand how the plaintiffs supposedly served you, you can determine how to proceed. The bot***** *****ne is that if you were not properly served, then you can file a motion to vacate the judgment against you.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.