Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Owned a t ine share yesterday signed something with diamond…

Customer Question
Owned a t ine share...
Owned a t ine share yesterday signed something with diamond resorts who took over and they said no longer a owner but can vacation every yr but charging twice as much for maintaining fees can I get out of it and get my timeshare bacj?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
your benefits should not have been reduced. You may cancel any attempt to do so for fraud and lack of consideration.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"