Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been contacted by this American Cash Awards company.

Customer Question
I have been contacted...

I have been contacted by this American Cash Awards company. How do I go about filing a formal complaint against them? I did send then a $50.00 Walmart to Walmart money transfer and now they want more money. What can I do about this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I am in Texas and there is no one else helping. They just contacted me this morning.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I have spoken with a man calling himself ***** *****. He is supposed to be the prize director for the American cash awards. I have also spoken with David Goodman. He is the one that called me this morning.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They weree supposed to be stopped at a border and weren't allowed to cross because they were carrying such a large amount of money and no shipping receipt for the $197.00 they asked me for. When I asked what border they were referring to I never got an answer.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. This seems like an issue of unfair business practices which could give you some compensation if you were to bring a lawsuit.

1.To establish that there was an unfair practice, there must be a representation, omission or practice that is likely to mislead the consumer;

2. The representation is examined from the perspective of a consumer acting reasonably in the circumstances; and

3. The representation, omission or practice must be material enough to affect the consumer’s conduct or decision, even though no actual reliance is required.

In this case, it appears to me that you have been the victim of unfair business practices. You may need to contact the TX Dept. of Consumer Affairs and file a complaint. If you click here, you can get the process started and explain that you were swindled out of a walmart gift card and that they are probably doing it to other people.

.Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.