Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I took my car into Chapman Chevy for an air bag recall

Customer Question
I took my car...

I took my car into Chapman Chevy for an air bag recall 07/19/17 received a call stating tech/mech broke a coil in the airbag, was told to keep rental until new bag ordered 3 weeks later now i am told i have to pay for a steering wheel in order for them to order another airbag. $378. I have kept a record of calling company, corporate, Attorney General. Was also told the wheel and airbag are one piece. what do i do next

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

PA. 2008 Saturn Astra

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Saturn is out of business as of 2009. however it has GM parts

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the response from the Attorney General bureau of consumer protection that they have not responded to request and they have reached an impasss. I've sent certified letter requesting name of tech/mech/work order and work done/requested name/email/phone of owner with no response

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Infolawyer, Lawyer