Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Checorski I would like to know if I have any recourse on my…

My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I would like to know if I have any recourse on my roof. The shingles from gaf which are timberline that is guaranteed for thirty yeas installed in 2003 now has an issue that we sent gaf as defected shingles . They say they will issue a creditor half of my shingles as warrant ran out They said we must pay the rest and also pay newinstaller and damage in my attic and also damage in my middle bedroom ceiling

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We filed a claim with gaf. And my insurance co. Their adjuster is coming tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

They were issued when purchased for ten years. I made a mistake they will give credit for 3/4 of the shingles
What is taking so long
We sent all info gaf requested and agreed the shingles are damaged the adjusters I got tomorrow is from you insurance co
My insurance co
9/21/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please allow me some time as I type your reply. Also, please understand we are working with multiple people at one time, so replies could be delayed. Thank you for understanding.

Okay
Okay I will be patient

If you had bought and paid for 30 year shingles and they should still be under warranty and are defective, then they are liable for the payment even if they are claiming you only received 10 year shingles.

Their warranty includes only replacing the shingles, not installation. So you could sue them in court for the cost of the repairs and replacement if you should have been given the 30 year warranty and they did not give it to you or they made some mistake. If they do not agree to pay for all of the shingles, then you need to take them to court and sue for their defective product and their error.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

What about the damage to my home. If my insusrance co pays the rest of the shingles and my installer should I still take gag to court
Gaf

Thank you for your reply.

The insurer will pay for the other damage and will fight with GAF over their liability. However, if the shingles caused the other damage, legally GAF is liable to pay for ALL of the damage their defective product caused.