Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I am looking into a foundation company who took my money,

did some work that didn't...
I am looking into a foundation company who took my money, did some work that didn't fix the problem now want me to pay again for what they should have done in the beginning. I need answers as to if this is a legitimate issue that I need a lawyer for.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, it has not. I have argued with the foundation company and am getting nowhere.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there we 2 foundation companies. I went with this one as they offered a lifetime warranty, but did not say the estimate did not include the lifetime warranty or that I needed to pay extra if I wanted the lifetime warranty which is essentially my fault, but the fact they leveled the house once and now say it cannot be properly leveled until I hire someone to remove all the dirt under the house. So how did they level it properly the first time?
9/21/2017
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You may be entitled to relief if they misled you about the cost of the job and the warranty. There are a number of laws that may help you.

There are consumer protection laws that protect onsumers from "bait and switch" style sales tactics. Your facts sound like that may be an issue.

Also there are certain laws that provide implied warranty protections as well.

Depending on what the original contract states you may have breach of contract as well as negligence claims.

You may wish to contact the Texas Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection to file a complaint. It costs you nothing to do so. See:

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd/consumer-protection

In addition you may want to consult with a Consumer Protection Attorney. Most attorneys will meet with you to assess your case for little or no cost. You can use this link to find a local attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/consumer-protection/texas

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer