Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I was defaulted and the rest of the parties negotiated a…

if I was defaulted and...
if I was defaulted and the rest of the parties negotiated a settlement agreement, am I automatically bounded by whatever they negotiated 6 months after my default with out my presence?? my default was entered no money judgment checked off box
i must have pressed wrong button. this question is for Law Edjucator. thanks
9/21/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you were defaulted, then whatever judgment is entered against you is what you must pay. You would not be part of the actual negotiated settlement unless it states you are. If it does not say you are, then the default judgment against you means that you have to pay what the plaintiff asked for unless you get the default vacated.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.