Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In the state of Florida, is it EVER permissible for a

Customer Question
In the state of...

In the state of Florida, is it EVER permissible for a business to deny a total refund for merchandise purchased in advance but never delivered? Regardless of a "no refunds" clause in a contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Florida, the purchase was made four months ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Its a puppy breeder, represented by a broker. The broker has applied pressure but, the breeder is not willing to refund the total purchase price (paid in advance) for a dog never shipped or received.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The price was $1500

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley
If the contract was not completed I do not see how legally they can keep the money unless there is a contract provision that allows them too. Could be there but I doubt it would be in there. If they will not return money then you may need to sue in small claims court to get a court order.
 replied 10 months ago

can I assist you further?