Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Re: Floyd Meriwether fight on August 26, 2017. Direct TV…

Customer Question
Re: Floyd Meriwether fight...

Re: Floyd Meriwether fight on August 26, 2017. Direct TV pulled the plug on all cable customers, freeing up bandwidth needed to process pay-per-view customers. Fight was delayed 40 minutes for the same reason. Direct TV's announcement was that it was a nationwide outage,and they hoped to get the problem fixed, ASAP. I could not get any Cox cable channels from 3PM until Midnight, PST, August 26, 2017. Every channel had the same message "Weak or no Signal" There must be millions of people who were substantially inconvenienced, just like me. I have no problem with a pay-per-view events, but I shouldn't be significantly inconvenienced so that Meriwether can get his $300 million payday, and can buy a $25 million mansion in Los Angeles for cash, or buy a $2.3 million Bugatti Veron, super car, for cash. I couldn't watch any TV for 9 hours on that Saturday night, August 26, 2017. And that pisses me off.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

The Merriwether fight was in Las Vegas. NV

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It's not a car issue. It's a boxing pay-per-view fight, that Direct TV promoted and they pulled the entire cable service for many millions of folks for about 9 hours on that Saturday, so Merriwether could bask in this $300 million payday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that my email address is***@******.***.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/21/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions about this situation? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.