TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I received a warrant in debt, and went to court to request a

I received a warrant in debt, and went to court to request a bill of particulars and a trial date. The judge ordered a BoP, but no due date. Court is tomorrow, and I still do not have it. If I file Ch7 in the morning (before court), will I be protected from judgement?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Virginia, Eastern District.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No, I have not contacted anyone. I have been working on trying to complete the Ch7 papers, but without money for an attorney, it has taken me longer than I anticipated. Have the basic stuff to at least file. (with rest due in 14 days)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of...

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Hi again.

Q: If I file Ch7 in the morning (before court), will I be protected from judgement?

A: Yes, if you file for bankruptcy before a judgement is entered against you, then you are protected. Any judgment that is entered after you file for bankruptcy will be void as a matter of law. In fact, if you file for bankruptcy before the trial, and then show up at the trial with proof of the bankruptcy filing, then the judge will certainly not even proceed. Instead he will put a stay on the case pending the outcome of the bankruptcy. If you eventually get a discharge, then the case will be dismissed.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
That does answer my question. Thank you so much!!

You are quite welcome. Please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)