Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was contacted by Signature Luxury Properties for, to sell…

I was contacted by...

I was contacted by Signature Luxury Properties for

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

To sell my timeshare in Mexico We were suppose to close Friday now they want this 19% thats about 10,000. I am trying to figure out if they are a scam. I have looked and looked and can't find anything negative about them but I don't know

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I live in Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Manufacturers?

9/20/2017
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I have already given them 5,000. They have a nice website (I know that means nothing). Thee email, phone numbers, fax all match what they gave me. It looks lidgit and I can not find anything negative about them on the web. How can I find out if they are a scam or not I don't want to give them 19% VAT I they are a scam. But I do t want to turn them away if they are for real

If a timeshare company contacts a owner, the owner needs to take care because there are many timeshare resale scams.

The FTC advises against companies that say the market is "hot" or that they have buyers waiting; they also suggest getting a contract in writing and having it reviewed by an attorney, as well as refusing to agree to pay any up front fees.

Please see the advisory here:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2014/05/be-lookout-timeshare-resale-phonies

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2016/12/timeshare-resale-fail

They appear to be located in PA

http://signatureluxuryproperties.com/#contact

You can check with the secretary of state to see if they are licensed to do business:

https://www.corporations.pa.gov/search/corpsearch

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
These is the closing agent they work with

Unfortunately I can't review legal documents as that is a premium additional service I do not participate in; I can only provide information, not provide legal advice per the terms of the site.

Were you able to review the FTC's advisory as to red flags for a scam?