Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought bought a used car from the dealer, which ended up…

Customer Question
I bought bought a...

I bought bought a used car from the dealer, which ended up going to the shop because things needed to be fixed ( agreed in the paper work). While i'm waiting to get my paid in full Acura. They lent me a car while i wait. A loud noise started from the back of the car assuming the muffler has a leak. He said I borrowed the car and that I have to fix it. I did nothing to the car except drive it. This is a mechanical issue that was just waitng to happen. Do i need to get it check out and pay from my own pocket or is it their problem?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Nissan 2013 and virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I spoke to an officer and they said its a civil issue that theres nothing they can do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's been a big issue. In the purchasing contract it was agreed that the dealer would fix two things. The engine ligh and turbo light. The cost of the fix ened up being !500 almost and he called me begging to help pay a portion. It's in the contract that he would pay. Then he saying that if i dont help pay he will not give me my car or my full money back.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.