Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a truck from penske with warranty about a month…

Customer Question
Hi I purchased a...

Hi I purchased a truck from penske with warranty about a month & a half ago. The truck was supposed to be guaranteed to pass FMCSA annual inspection & be road ready. The truck was held by penske for 2 weeks for inspection in Georgia which they stated was normal procedure. After 2 weeks I was informed that the truck was ready to be picked up. When the truck was picked up it had a number of problems which can result in fines by FMCSA. The penske shop was notified & we were ignored. We brought the truck home because it was Friday & the guyies refused to look at the truck. We then made a complaint and was instructed to return the truck to the local shop to have problems corrected. They took the truck & two more weeks passed the called and said the truck was ready. When we attempted to pick up the truck some of the issues still existed. We notified the shop and they took the truck back & apologized. It's been about a month now since they took the truck back. I have list customers, wages, paying insurance on the truck plus my insurance is now double because I have a rental from them which is costing me 2 times the payment of my truck per month. And the issue still continues I really need assistance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

2012 Volvo VNL 670

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No it is a used truck

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.