Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a used truck in Marietta and just found out the…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used truck in Marietta and just found out the brakes can not be repaired because of extensive rust

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

2009 truck and I am in Georgia where there is no lemon law for used vehicles as far as I can tell

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It was bought from used car dealer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and law Seller cannot defraud or mislead. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!