Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Us bank claims I'm a joint account holder on my deceased…

Customer Question
Us bank claims I'm...

Us bank claims I'm a joint account holder on my deceased wife's credit card they cannot produce my signed application & I have sent cease&desist collection letter asserting i'm not on account--are interest charges suspended while this is disputed?.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Arizona cease/desist letter sent 8/17/17

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Have contacted us bank asserted not part of contract therefore not paying

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have asked for copy of their records retention policy since they cannot produce signed application

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/19/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Interest would not be charged. Also if they cannot establish you signed you are not personally liable. If they pursue without basis you can report them. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
since no additional interest means I don't have a "growing" problem while I dispute this I further understand that since amount over 10,000 the court venue would be superior court w/jury trial-I haven't talked to a single "juror" who would pay 10,000+ w/o a signed legal document thanks
Precisely right!!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"