Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Signed up with NuMale Medical for over $5000 treatment over…

Customer Question
Signed up with NuMale Medical...
Signed up with NuMale Medical for over $5000 treatment over 1 year and would like to know if there is any way to cancel the contract. I just signed up on Friday and it is Monday. I'm having second thoughts.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
9/18/2017
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Would you mind uploading a copy of the contract and pointing to any cancellation terms that are listed?

I will need to get it from home and scan it. I can do that within a couple of hours. Is there any law that could give me the opportunity to change my mind? Within a short time frame of signing the docs?

No problem. Generally, if you sign a contract, you'll be bound to it unless a few situations apply. For instance, a contract may be made unenforceable if you signed it under duress, if you lacked the capacity to sign the document (i.e. you were under a mental defect at the time), the terms of the contract are so one-sided and unfair that it is oppressive to your side, or if there is a mistake as to an assumption on the contract upon which it was based (i.e. if you believed that he was a personal trainer and he believed that you were a personal trainer). Otherwise, the contract is enforceable unless that party breaches the contract, which relieves your duty to have to perform. What other questions did you have for me at all?